SURREALISM: Take Me Back

The artwork that we were tasked to create today was meant to be inspired by the Surrealistic art movement. 

The concept for the piece I made was originally nothing but a whim out of my perverse mind. I'm kidding, that's kinda edgy. Though the piece was originally a meaningless image in my head, it gained meaning the more I refined it. Of course, I did all of that in my mind as well. 

Using my reoccurring concept of "old man inside an egg" I made a piece that I believe voices out an issue in our world--that, though I'd like to say today-- has been a constant and normalized topic.




The subject is an old woman crawling into an empty egg. The woman's skin is sagging and cracked, her body frail and weakened by the tocs of time, her face crumpled into a nearly toothless wail. Her legs are dragged across the floor, as if she has lost the ability to walk. Her hands are outstretched toward the eggshells. The old woman symbolizes the women's fear of age. An aging woman has always been seen as something to be afraid of, something to be even, ashamed of. Because after a woman loses her youth, she is forgotten by the world.





The egg shells represent youth. The youth that she lost, the youth that supposesly held the beauty that she believes she once had. Her desperate wails and shaky hands are clawing to go back into the egg; to go back to her young, beautiful self. However, the egg is empty and dried out. This represents the fact that one cannot turn back time, youth is but a finite thing. 


The piece is called "Take Me Back". I named it this because she desperately wishes to be taken back, back to when the world thought she was beautiful.




"Take Me Back - Maki"

Comments

Cool Kids

#PardoChurch#AralinPanilipunan

Classical Art Inspired Artwork #TheArtistWithin #TwoWeeksEarly #:)))

Araling Panlipunan: OPEN LETTER