Classical Art Inspired Artwork #TheArtistWithin #TwoWeeksEarly #:)))

 My drawing-- or sketch, if you will, was inspired by the late Renaissance Era, specifically by the artworks of Michelangelo, my favorite ninja turtle.

After a few hours of looking up references and coming up with an idea of what I wanted to draw, it took me a little over an hour to finish the whole piece. I based the drawing off of three of Michelangelo's sketch-drawings, particularly, drawings of women. 

I used his sketches as references for drawing certain parts like the eyes and the general face, I kinda merged what I got from the references, well I mean-I think that's what you're supposed to do with references. I drew a woman from the neck up. She wears her short curly hair behind a bandana or something and is kinda just, wanting to leave whatever event she's at, I think. That's the kinda vibe I was going for.

The first video clip is mostly just me sketching out the shape of the face based on my references and deciding what angle it should be, then putting in the facial features starting with the mouth, nose and eyes. Though that isn't usually the order I'd do it in, I also wasn't in my usual art style, so I suppose it was excusable.


The second video clip is me emphasizing shadows and doing the hair. At this point I had already stopped using reference, as I decided this area would be the time where I stray a bit from the Michelangelo style and just add my own thing to it. 


I added my own touch with it, It was a pretty fun project and I really liked how it turned out. Though, I do feel like the hair looks a bit off, since that's where I strayed a bit from his style.

I'm nowhere near as good as him obviously, I don't even know how to paint. But I do hope to be on his level someday.



I think it looks kinda wonky but overall, I'm pretty proud of it.


///ovo///





Comments

Cool Kids

#PardoChurch#AralinPanilipunan

Araling Panlipunan: OPEN LETTER