Mending Walls: The Walls of Constantinople

 



    The Walls of Constantinople have been around since the 5th Century, having been built on January 1 401 AD. The Walls of Constantinople are a series of defensive stone walls that have surrounded and protected the city of Constantinople (today Istanbul in Turkey) since its founding as the new capital of the Roman Empire by Constantine the Great. With numerous additions and modifications during their history, they were the last great fortification system of antiquity, and one of the most complex and elaborate systems ever built. 













How were the Walls of Constantinople contributory to humanity?

    The Walls of Constantinople, the Theodosian Walls, much like any other good wall protected people. A wall may be used to keep something in, or keep something out. Walls are important for the safety of a community, of a kingdom. 

    But between building walls and building bridges, what would I pick?

    If I were to be honest with myself, it would be to BUILD BRIDGES. I'm the kind of person who forgives and forgets too easily, I like building bridges, I like keeping people close to me, whenever someone tries to build a wall between our farms, I'd love to tear it down, with a wrecking ball, with my own two hands. A wall is one that separates people, people who you could be having a nice cup and talk with. A bridge to be built to connect even two completely different worlds. I like bridges. Bridges make friends.

Comments

Cool Kids

#PardoChurch#AralinPanilipunan

Classical Art Inspired Artwork #TheArtistWithin #TwoWeeksEarly #:)))

Araling Panlipunan: OPEN LETTER